Breaking

Friday, April 19, 2024

THE ELEPHANT AND THE DUCK

THE ELEPHANT AND THE DUCK

One day, a fox went to an elephant and said to him,
"Look, this is ridiculous. The duck is always saying bad things about you behind your back. He is spreading a whole lot of lies out there about you. Teach him a lesson!"

The elephant frowned and said,
"I am going to teach him a lesson and break every bone in his body! You just go back to sleep and leave it all to me" 

The following day, the fox went back to the elephant and told him, 
"You didn't teach the duck a lesson as you promised you would. Look, this is no longer funny. He won't stop gossiping about you. Don't just keep quiet about it. Teach him a lesson!" 

The elephant grunted and whispered,
"Yes, it's time to teach that fool a lesson he'll never forget! You go on, I'll handle this."

On the third day, the fox approached the elephant again and complained to him,
"Oh elephant, you are being too calm and patient. Believe me, the duck is really bad-mouthing you. He tells terrible things about you everywhere. Teach him a lesson once and for all!"

The elephant thought for a while, and then he muttered, 
"Alright, I'll go and teach that duck a lesson just now. Get me a cutlass, a shovel and an axe. I'm going to kill him and cut him into pieces!" 

The fox hurriedly left, and then returned shortly with the tools; a cutlass, a shovel and an axe. He handed them to the elephant and told him to go and teach the duck a terrible lesson of his life. 

However, to the fox's utmost surprise, the elephant collected the tools, went straight to his farm, and began to work with the tools. Filled with wonder and disbelief, the fox asked, 
"You told me you wanted to teach the duck a lesson with the tools. What then are you doing now?"

The elephant smiled and said,
"I am too busy with my work to worry about a duck whose only job is to quack and make noise. I am a majestic creature that symbolizes strength and wisdom. I'll never stoop so low as to challenge a creature that is merely known for his talkativeness and noisemaking. So, let me farm with your tools, and I shall return them when I'm done."

In life, many people are like the duck. They quack, gossip and talk behind your back. They could go as far as making lies about you and recruiting others to hate you. Yes, many people are like that. However, you shouldn't give them the attention they need. Be like an elephant that is full of strength and wisdom. Be too busy with your life and never stoop so low as to confront or challenge them. Learn to shrug your shoulders, ignore and understand the differences between an elephant and a duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages