Breaking

Thursday, April 18, 2024

THE LITTLE GHOST. Episode 4.

THE LITTLE GHOST.

Episode 4.

Out of fear I grabbed my door handle and unlocked the door. 

'Why did it take you so long to open the door?  You boys of nowadays lack respect. I have been here for close to five minutes and you want to tell me that you just heard my voice? ' Baba landlord thundered.

'Baba good morning ' I greeted reluctantly. 

'Good morning for where?  Look at the time you're just waking up.' He said checking his wristwatch.

'Later you will dress up wearing expensive things and go out as if you're Tony  Elumelu's grandson. You'll say you're a marketer on social media, how you make money I don't know. Woo (see) wahala Ile aye tie niyen! (That's your business). Ehen, is Dapo my son here? He escaped from the police cell last night and we've been looking for him.' Landlord revealed. 

'I have no business with Dapo your son o. He has never been to my flat please, maybe you should check elsewhere. ' I let out keeping a straight face.

'Is it your landlord you're talking to like that?  Oju wonko wonko bi Oju ole (Eyes like that of a thief)' landlord barked out of anger while staring at me.

'Sorry sir' I cut in, bowing my head.

'Sorry for yourself, stupid boy. Officers let's go, he's not here' landlord instructed and turned to leave while the officers marched after him.

'Ene ibete e che' (useless man)  I cursed under my breath.

Baba looked back.

'what did you say? ' he queried. 

'Nothing sir' I responded sharply then hurried into my room and shut the door, and there the little ghost was again, standing right there in the same spot. 

'What if I had gotten into trouble? you just disappeared like that ' I barked at her. 

'I knew such wouldn't happen. Tomorrow you'll be on the mission to help rescue my dad' she said. 

I looked at her, stunned.

'What have I gotten myself into?' I asked rhetorically. 

'Please can't you choose another person to do this? ' I queried almost in tears.

'I'll be back tomorrow morning to lead you to him. Please, be ready as early as possible .' she said. 

By Blessing-Enejo Abrahams Elleywrite's.

'To who? ' I asked popping my eyes, and then she disappeared. 

I stood there confused like a kid who had just lost a coin and didn't know where exactly.

The following day around 9 am, she appeared in my room. I was already dressed waiting for her, sitting on my chair without a choice. I got startled as soon as she appeared, with a hand on my chest and panting...

'You scared me' I managed to say.

'Impressive! You're already dressed? ' she questioned with a broad smile.

'Ah, I had to do what I had to do to avoid the wr@th of a ghost. So, what's up? ' I queried trying to put myself together.

'OK, we're heading to Reeky Mall' She said

'Reeky mall? I don't understand. Do you want to buy anything? ' I queried.

' Nothing. Just go, I'll meet you there ' she said and disappeared 

I got up and headed to Reeky Mall, it's about two hours drive from my place. When I arrived there I stood somewhere waiting for the little ghost Ariana to tell me what next to do, but I waited for almost two hours but she didn't show up then I decided to return to my place. I bumped into this man, his car key fell off his hand as soon as I did. I picked it up and handed it over to him

'I'm sorry sir' I apologised.

He nodded.

As I turned to leave Ariana appeared.

'What took you so long now haba ' I queried angrily. 

She apologised reluctantly. 

'That man you bumped  into, he knows the whereabout of my dad' she said 

'What?  How? That's the owner of Reeky mall ' I said pointing towards the direction he went.

Ariana cut in...

'He'll soon come out. Please, ensure you follow him without his knowledge to wherever he goes.Once you get there I'll tell you what next to do.  Don't worry, after all these I'll make it up to you ' She said smiling,then disappeared again. 

'I'm finally in for it' I thought to myself shaking my head.

I waited patiently for the Man to come out, he did after like 20 minutes. He entered his car and drove out then I called a bike guy and instructed him to follow the man. After like forty minutes of driving he finally arrived in an isolated area, stopped in front of this house and hooted. A very hefty man opened the gate, I almost mistook him for Gentle Jack, then he drove in. I made the bike guy ride forward a little, then I paid him and then thanked him, and waited for Ariana by an uncompleted building directly opposite the building the owner of Reeky mall had entered. I looked back and there she was, standing right behind me and grinning.

'Go inside the building ' she instructed 

'What?  You must be crazy. How?? You want this beast by the gate to use my head for pepper soup?  I have mouth very well but u see strength, I don't have. ' I thundered. 

'You'll have to go in, don't worry you'll be fine ' She assured.

I looked at her and shook my head.Then I moved closer to the gate,but the gate was slightly open so I sneaked in.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages